Voice-over Wireless LAN solution for enterprise IP and legacy PBX systems
Spectralink provides IP VoIP handsets and infrastructure to facilitate mobile unified communications with application integration.
New – Spectralink PIVOT
PIVOT expands the Spectralink portfolio of Voice over Wi-Fi (VoWi-Fi) handsets to deliver enterprise-grade, on-site voice mobility with a user-friendly interface on an extensible application platform. Built on the industry-standard Android™ operating system, PIVOT is instantly familiar out of the box, including intuitive smartphone-like usability and access to applications. Despite portability and the ability to access content on-the-go, consumer-grade smartphones lack the security, voice quality, durability and integration needed for these businesses. PIVOT is designed to bridge the gap between smartphones and purpose-built mobile solutions. It is differentiated by its ease-of-use and ergonomic design, HD voice quality, seamless VoWi-Fi roaming, durability, broad telephony support and wireless local area network (WLAN) interoperability, and predictable return on investment (ROI). A Spectralink application ecosystem offers specialized industry applications for users to customize their devices to their unique workflow requirements.
Features of PIVOT include:
- Android-based user interface that’s instantly familiar out of the box
- A 4.3 inch, multi-touch capacitive touch screen display, and patent-pending ergonomic grip
- Integration with enterprise Android and Extensible Markup Language (XML) applications for improved workflow
- Access to web-based applications and resources
- Customizable to adapt to personal preferences and needs
- Unrivaled durability, longevity and support
- Excellent voice quality from any in-building location
- Enterprise level security and privacy
- Over-the-air management and update capabilities
- Integrated 1 & 2D barcode scanner
Spectralink 8000 Handsets
Spectralinks latest handsets are 802.11n Wi-Fi compliant, support SIP and integrate with proprietary enterprise IP PBX solutions. They are designed for use as mission critical devices in harsh and noisy environments as well as in enterprise offices. The handsets are durable, with excellent battery life and have central management functionality and a range of accessories to facilitate use in mission critical enterprise environments. They also provide have on-board scanning, RTLS and personal safety features for specialist environments. Advanced functionality and integrated application support have made healthcare, retail, and manufacturing and logistics key vertical markets. Spectralink handset functionality includes:
Interoperability Tested Wireless
- 802.11a,b,g,n wireless with interoperability program(VIEW) for wi-fi manufacturers
- Alcatel Lucent, Aruba, Avaya, Baracuda, Cisco, Dell, Enterasys, Extreme, HP, Juniper, Meru, Motorola, Ruckus
- QoS, Power Saving, enterprise security
Unified Communications and Telephony
- The only Microsoft Lync Approved wi-fi handsets
- Support for SIP
- Integration with proprietary IP telephony systems including:
- Audio Codes, Avaya, Cisco, Interactive Intelligence, Microsoft, Mitel, NEC, Nortel, Shoretel, Siemens, and Toshiba.
- Advanced call handling including predictive dialling, hold, transfer, resume, park, 3 way local conferencing, CLI – and many more.
- Push to talk /Paging
- 24 channel, one to one , one to many
Application Integration and Safety Functionality
- Microsoft Lync Integration
- Integrated high performance barcode scanner (Optional)
- XML API (and ecosystem of application integrators)
- Spectralink open application interface
- RTLS beacon for Ekahau and Aeroscout
- Exchange calendar integration
High Quality Scanning
High quality inbuilt scanners are optional. Scanning features include:
|Type||1D/2D Area Imagers|
|Light Source||617 nm Highly Visible LED (5)|
|Scan Angle||38.9° Horiz., 25.4° Vert.|
|Print contrast||Down to 25%|
|Resolution||Optical Resolution 752 x 480 pixels|
|Reading distance||Up to 86cm (34in.)|
Most of the common symbologies are supported.
Personal Safety Systems
- Duress / Panic button
- No motion / tilt / running detection
- Alarm notification
Operation in harsh, noisy and mission critical environments
- Highly durable built to drop / shock standards (MIL STD 810F) and IP64 ingress protection
- PCI DSS Compliant
- Industry leading voice / audio quality – TIA 920, full duplex, with VAD comfort noise fill, and background noise suppression
- Excellent battery life 8hrs talk / 80 hrs standby or 12 hrs talk /120 hrs standby.
- Speakerphone dock and charger, dual phone and battery charger, quad charger, 12 way multicharger
- Server based central provisioning and centralised admin.
- Performance and fault management
- Config management
Spectralink also manufacture DECT handsets and a range of telephony gateways.
- Spectralink 8020/8030 Wireless Handsets Data Sheet (PDF)
- Spectralink 8000 System Overview Data Sheet (PDF)
- Spectralink 8400 Series Product Specifications (PDF)
For legacy PBXs, a Spectralink 8000 Telephony Gateway converts the IP traffic from the wireless telephones to digital or analog signals, which connect directly to PBX line cards. For IP PBXs no gateway is necessary; the handsets integrate directly via Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) or a proprietary IP interface.
A Spectralink Voice Priority (SVP) Server may be used to manage prioritisation of voice packets and provide the required Quality of Service (QoS) on the wireless network or customers may choose to run other supported QoS options, such as Wi-Fi standard QoS or Cisco CCXv4, instead of SVP.